This publication sets out core activities to help Boards with their oversight of the subcontracting policy, rationale and strategy, together with management of the lead provider.
Governance responsibilities include:
- setting and communicating your provider’s strategy, goals, and, where relevant, educational character
- holding executive leaders to account for:
- educational performance and quality
- the performance of staff
- exercising effective control to ensure funds and assets are protected, and legal obligations are met
Having an oversight of subcontracting activity is an integral part of these core functions.
The guidance on subcontracting for the first time explains more about:
- what subcontracting is and how it works
- the roles and responsibilities of the lead provider and subcontractor