The Office for Students (OfS) has allocated £1.2 billion in funding to universities and colleges across England.
The £1.2 billion allocated in recurrent grants to universities and colleges comprises:
- £900 million to support the delivery of high-cost courses
- £273 million for student access and success
- £53 million funding for specialist providers including a number of world-leading institutions delivering courses in the performing and creative arts.
In addition to this, the OfS has also confirmed it will allocate:
- £150 million capital funding to help universities and colleges to invest in their physical infrastructure – most of this will be allocated through a separate bidding exercise
- £40 million to the Uni Connect outreach programme
- £21 million for national facilities and regulatory initiatives, for example projects to support student mental health.
Further information can be found on the OfS website.