New for 2022/23, is an award to recognise excellence in governance.
This award aims to recognise the critical role undertaken by boards, governors and governance professionals developing capacity for sustained improvement in the quality of provision for students. Applications should provide evidence that boards are:
- Putting the student first; promoting high expectations and ambitions for students and staff
- Ensuring inspirational teaching and learning
- Providing strong leadership to both the senior team and the community the college serves
- Setting the strategy and acting as guardians of the college’s mission
- Demonstrating accountability by publishing accurate and timely information on performance
- Listening to students, parents, employers and staff
- Ensuring the achievement of equality of opportunity and diversity throughout the college
- Using the college’s autonomy and independence to meet local education and skills needs
The assessors will look for evidence that boards, governors and governance professionals have been visionary and ambitious for the college and have demonstrated a relentless and uncompromising focus on the points above.
Colleges should demonstrate how boards, governors and governance professionals achieve the following:
- Focusing on the organisation’s purpose and on outcomes for communities and learners
- The board performing effectively both as individuals and as a team in defined roles and responsibilities
- Promoting values for the whole organisation and behaving with integrity
- Taking informed transparent decisions and managing risk
- Developing the capacity and capability of the board to be effective
- Engaging stakeholders and making accountability real
The closing date for all applications is Monday 3rd October at 12 noon and there will be no extension to this date.
Further details can be found here.