This work has resulted in a refresh rather than an overhaul of the Code. This reflects feedback that the steering group must strike a balance between continually updating the Code and potentially disrupting embedding the Code’s use . The enhancements focus on Principle 3: Integrity and Principle 6: Diversity, now called Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. These were the principles that received the most consistent feedback in the consultation as the areas where change was required.
For more information on the changes:
- visit the Code steering group Medium blog, where we regularly upload advice and links to guidance on how to implement the Code
- view the updated Integrity principle
- view the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion principle
- read the press release about the changes to the Code
- listen to the webinar below about the updates.